Sunday, February 27, 2022

The calming NV Hold technique

For Self Love Saturday today, I want to share a technique that has helped me tremendously. It calms me down, reduces my anxiety and stress, and alleviates my grief and fears. It has helped me during crisis situation so that I can think clearly, especially when situation gets tense. It is called the Neurovascular Hold (NV hold).



For this exercise, all I do is place my entire palm on my forehead as in the photo. Sometimes I keep the other palm near the base of my head; however, it’s not required. I also think about my stressor while holding my neurovascular points (NV points). This technique allows the blood to flow back to the brain during the fight-flight-freeze response. Holding NV points is not only calming but it allows me to think clearly when I need to. I often close my eyes and breathe deeply while doing this. Given the current situation our world is in, this has been my goto exercise. I do this sitting, standing, lying down in bed or at anytime I feel like it and it instantly relaxes me. It’s like a warm, comforting hug for self. I recently recommended this to a couple of friends and realized how much we all need this right now.
Wishing everyone lots of calm moments in their day with this NV hold technique and breathing. ♥️
#GratefulKanan #SelfLove #SelfCare #SwarmingForSelfLove #SelfLoveSaturdays #nvhold #NeurovascularHold #EnergyMedicine #stressrelief #grief #eem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your name... it's the sweetest sound in the world. Make this comment sweet with it.